Sunday, February 17, 2013

Life in this New Box

The vertical creatures all say "Toby" when they look at me, so I guess you can, too. Girl vertical said that I could use her account to chronicle my adventures, but I can't believe I am actually doing this...

I'm usually kind of shy. (Aw, shoot... I hardly say a word on most days.) But I have seen a lot so far in my ~2 years. Now that I'm starting out on a new adventure, I guess this is as good a time as any to fill y'all in on what I've learned about life in Texas.  

Seriously?! I can find way better meals out on Westheimer.

I am now living in a new box south of Houston (the verticals say "house" to it). Over there on the right is me on the first day in the new box. I don't know what the verticals were thinking when they gave me those cardboard pellets, but luckily girl vertical figured out that a little wet food mixed in goes a long way. You'd think that one would be a no-brainer, but you know how it is living with verticals...

There is another normal size dog living in this box with me.  The verticals say "Anna" at her.  Anna was a lot of fun when we first met; I thought I would have a fun running buddy behind the box and at the park. Girl vertical made that moving picture of us the first time we played together behind the box.  Now we really only play together at the park, but I hope that changes back soon.


I keep trying, but the problem is that Anna isn't too bright; she growls whenever I get near the toys in the box or yard and when I pass her bed-box to get to my own.  Despite her cute smile, I wouldn't cross that chick out on the streets!  But the verticals seem to have it under control, so I don't worry about Anna too much. Hopefully one day she will figure out that I don't want her sh...stuff (aw, man, almost let my street side show!). Anyway, that lil girl needs to chill out. 

There also are two small dogs inside the box with long skinny tails and small pointy ears. One is kind of fat with brown and black stripes and goes in my yard sometimes. The verticals call her "Kashi." I was out there with her this morning, and she made the weirdest bark I've ever heard! I don't know what's wrong with her barker, but I saw some sharp teeth and figured I'd keep my distance to be safe. We were cool after that.  The other small dog is called "Milla," and she's grey and skinny. I have no idea how she jumps from the tall ground to the medium ground, but I wish she would stop that weird barking at me before she does it!  Can't she see I'm just chillin' in my bed??  Man, I don't know, but I think something about those small pointy ears is interfering with the bark frequency of those two...

This is me at my favorite park.
The dogs in this box are weird, but I get good treats, go to fun places, and get to hang out in the same room as the verticals.  

On the left is a picture of me at one of my favorite fun places. The verticals are always going on about some "Tom Bass" dude when we go there. Don't ask me -- your guess is as good as mine on that one!

Before this one, I knew two other boxes with different menageries inside. I don't remember too much about the last one, but the first one was awesome! I still reminisce about that box and those verticals... Overall it seems safe here, but I do miss my friends in that first box.  I had more fun playing with them and the toys in their yard.

I don't want to talk about my past too much, but you can read a little bit about what I told my friends at Scout's Honor Rescue. Maybe after getting to know me, you might want me as part of your own menagerie??  If so, my friends at Scout's Honor have a great process for helping us. 

We are going to this new place today that the verticals call "Millie Bush dog park."  Sounds cool to me. 

Did I hear a vertical say "walk"??! Gotta go.  

'Til next time - Peace, my friends.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment